All TempAlert sensors can be provided with a Traceable Calibration Certification which meets the requirements of and complies with ISO 17025. The Traceable Certificate indicates that the product is traceable to standards provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), a U.S. Government agency within the Commerce Department. This is commonly required by customers in the health/medicine field or anyone who requires a higher level of accuracy on their sensors.
- The calibration process can take anywhere from 1 - 4 weeks depending on how busy the lab is - please keep this in mind when placing an order.
- Due to the delay of NIST calibration, we can split the shipment to ensure you get any hardware that isn't required to be at the lab during calibration.
- There is no set expiration date on NIST calibration - this expiration is provided by the agency that would audit your temperature data. We commonly see times of 6 months, 1 year or 2 years. Simply let us know your threshold and we can have the lab add a proper expiration date.
- If you provide us your expiration time, we will contact you several weeks before your renewal is due to ensure you don't go without calibrated monitoring.
- If you want NIST calibration added to sensors you already purchased, you must ship the sensors back to us first. Please Contact us for RMA instructions.