Troubleshooting Offline Cell Device
This technote offers suggestions for trouble shooting common causes of the "missed report alert". Note these light patterns apply to devices purchased after July 4 2014.
Failure Light Flashing
- 3 blinks - device not registered: Contact us with your device ID and email of your account and we will activate it for you.
- 2 blinks - no signal: Try signal finder mode. This should help you find a location with signal. Near windows is usually best. If this does not work contact us to check coverage maps to verify that you have coverage in your area.
- Fast continual blinking - modem error: Contact us with your device ID so we can troubleshoot further.
- 1 blink - failed to communicate to server: Possibly low power. Check if the info light has 3 blinks. If so allow the device to charge for 25-60 minutes and press the on/off button once quickly to reboot.
Device not powering on or not charging
- If there are no lights on your device: Press the power button if you do not see any lights come one then there is no power. If you connect the device to a working power source all lights should briefly come one. Please allow 25–60 minutes to charge.
- If lights come on but you do not see a single blink on the power light: Your power adapter or outlet may not be working. Connecting the device to a computer’s USB port using the charging cable will allow your device to charge. If the device is charging contact us for a replacement adapter. 3rd party AC to USB adapters should be compatible as long as the output is 5V 1A.
Note: For the TM-CELL200, TM-CELL300, and TM-CELL400 please be sure you have at least one working sensor attached.