How to Change Batteries in your Wireless Sensor Wireless Sensor
The batteries in your Wireless Sensor will last from 2 to 5 years, depending on use. The main factors affecting the life of your battery are report interval and signal strength.
Note: We recommend that you use AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries; other brands have a noticeably shorter life span. Standard alkaline cell batteries may be used, but they do not perform well under cold conditions.
- Turn the unit over and locate the screw.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, unscrew the cover.
- Remove the old batteries.
- Replace the batteries with two Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries.
- To turn on the device, press and release the On/Off button.
- Batteries draining much quicker than expected likely points to a hardware issue. Please contact us if you are having this problem.
- Standard alkaline cells can be used, but they will not perform well in cold conditions.
- Alternate battery types will have a noticeably shorter lifespan.