How To Connect The ZPoint Sensor To The CELL
The Z-Point Wireless Sensor, also known as a Node, relies on a properly-functioning Cellular Edition (aka, Gateway) to ensure successful data transmission. The Node does not require access to a cellular network, only to the Gateway.
Steps to connect a Node to a Gateway:
- Ensure that your Gateway is turned on, and has a working cellular connection. Note: If the Status light is blinking single or double green, your connection is functioning properly
- To turn on the Node, use a pen tip or a pin to push in the On/Off button, which is located by the power cord on the device.
- Ensure that the Node is within range of a working Gateway. The typical range is 1000 feet with direct line of sight, and 300 feet with obstructions.
- Within one minute of pressing the On/Off button, the Node automatically connects to the closest working Gateway.
- The status light flashes a single green blink when a successful connection has been established.
- Different light schemes may indicate connection issues. The following table identifies the possible scenarios
- If you continue experiencing LED issues, please review our Node Troubleshooting Guide