This article will guide you through the process of getting your USB device up and running. This includes installation of both software and drivers, as well as how to setup the device for either Sensor Cloud or Developer Mode.
- Download the most recent driver from our website (the version on the Sensor Cloud product CD is like outdated.)
*Note* Before downloading, please ensure that your operating system is compatible with the latest version of the driver.
- Unzip the downloaded file, then double-click the Setup icon to install the software in the Program Files folder.
- Open the newly installed software, navigate to the Settings tab, click Rescan Now.
- If the software and drivers installed successfully, you should see your USB device detected on one of your COM ports.
- If the USB is not detected, it is likely the drivers were not properly installed. Download the appropriate drivers (based on your OS), and re-do Step 3.
How to setup your USB in Sensor Cloud
*Note* The USB device can be run in ONE of two modes - either Sensor Cloud or Developer Mode. The device can not run in dual mode!
Sensor Cloud mode allows you to manage your device from any internet-connected location. All readings are stored online with alert thresholds, notification settings, and more. Sensor Cloud is the most reliable way to view and store your data, and is the recommended mode.
- If you don't already have an account, you can easily create one from within the software. If you already have an account, simply login to associate your device with your account
- Once the device has been associated with your account, login using your credentials to manage your alerts, settings, view temperature readings, and so on.
This mode enables you to manage your USB device in standalone mode, which means that readings and settings are only stored locally. This mode is useful for networks that have strict restrictions on outgoing network traffic.
- From the Settings tab, click the Switch to developer mode link in the bottom right corner of the window.
- In this window, you can adjust settings for the device. Please note the Read Temperature Every field is set to 600 seconds by default. This provides a brief, one-time delay between the installation and the current temperature being displayed.
- After specifying your desired settings, click Save & Start. Your changes are saved, and the service restart with your new settings.