This article provides a walkthrough on how to set up Gmail for your SMTP Server. Successfully setting up your mail server gives your device access to send out emails on a specific mailing network.
Steps for Gmail setup
- In Developer mode (10.99.99.1), navigate to the "Mail Settings" tab.
- Click on the SMTP Server drop down box.
- Select "Use Gmail SMTP Server".
- Enter Gmail username in the username field (Only enter the information before @gmail.com).
- Enter your Gmail password.
- Enter a recipient email in the Send Daily Status Email to field, then click save.
*Note* If the send test email does not work check that port 465 is open on your network and that your password is correct.
- Take a look at your Gmail account security settings and make sure that "Access for less secure apps" is enabled from https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps.
If Gmail isn't working see this article: Setting up a Custom Mail Server